Learn how to make a protein coffee smoothie to get your day started. Filled with 18g of delicious plant-based protein powder.
If you love your morning cup of coffee as much as I do, you’re going to freak out over this protein coffee smoothie recipe. It’s filling and gives you a nice kick to start the day. It also makes a perfect snack for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. Switch up your green juice for this creamy protein coffee smoothie.
- 8-10 oz of Cold Coffee
- Splash of Creamer – Add a splash of your favorite non-dairy or dairy milk.
- 1-2 Scoops Protein Powder – I like to use a plant based chocolate powder like Orgain, but there are many to choose from. I’d look for ones that do not contain any synthetic ingredients like aspertame or fillers.
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Scoop of Collagen Powder – I recommend Vital Proteins for this. It’s great for hair, skin, and nails, as well as overall bone health. This is safe for those sensitive to dairy.
- Ice Cubes
- Sweetener* – If you find the banana doesn’t sweeten it enough for you, then try adding a bit of agave, honey, or stevia. Use sparingly!
How To Make It
- First, add all liquids into your blender.
- Then add the banana and powders, sweeteners, etc…
- Ice cubes last.
- Blend it!
- Pour and then sip. Try to drink slowly to allow the enzymes in your mouth to help breakdown the food.
This coffee protein shake packs a ton of protein, anywhere from 16-25g. With the added coffee you’ll feel a nice caffeine boost which can be good before or after a workout. I drink these a few times a week, typically in the morning instead of breakfast. Try the recipe and let us know what you think in the comments below.